If you want to get admission to a Kiwi university, you must follow several rules. As mentioned earlier, the universities in New Zealand follow the British Education System. It is an adventurous yet memorable phase in your life to get higher education at the top-class educational institutions in New Zealand.
The government operates eight public universities, and interestingly the universities are among the 3% top-rated universities according to the QS World University Rankings.
Make sure to research the courses to choose the best course for you. You can search online and compare these bachelor’s and master’s courses. You can also search for any specific university, and you will get the admission requirements, tuition fees, ad other necessary information on their official page.
There are chances that you may have to provide proof of your English language skill to get admission to your preferred university in New Zealand. Most courses are offered in English, so you must have proficient English skills.
You must also need a student visa to study and live in New Zealand. You can apply for your student visa as soon as you get the offer letter from the university. However, several courses that only need a short time may not need a student visa. You can get information regarding your student visa from the government website and find the procedures to apply for a visa according to your nationality and how long you can stay in New Zealand without a visa.
Here is a detailed description of the application process to the Kiwi universities
- Collect your details, including an updated resume
- English language proficiency test score
- Scores of your last exams with enough proof to ensure your highest educational qualifications
- Details of your preferred courses with enough reasons explaining the purpose for choosing the course
- Details of your previous work experiences, if any
Most universities in New Zealand need English language proficiency skills. The English language programs include
- IELTS academic
- C1 Advanced
- C2 proficiency
- University of Auckland Foundation Certificate in English for Academic Purposes (FCertEAP)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- University of Auckland English Pathway for Undergraduate Studies (EPUS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
- AEMG English for Academic Purposes Direct Entry Program (AEAP DEP) Final Exam
- LanguageCert - International ESOL
Moreover, you also need several more documents for application purposes. These documents include
- A letter of motivation
- A translation of the modules of your course and grades (if not in English)
- Proof of language proficiency
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of payment of the application fee
- Sample of extra curriculum activities done previously, if any
You must complete the application procedure before the deadline to get admission to your preferred university. The university will send you a confirmation if you get selected. So during this time, relax and prepare to accommodate in a lew land.